The Chaplet of the Infancy and Childhood of Jesus
This chaplet consist of 8 mystery medals with 3 beads between each
Construction: Large medal - 3 beads - center - 3 beads between each mystery medal
On the large medal: One Our Father to thank the Holy Trinity for sending Christ, the second Person of the Trinity to save us.
On each bead: One Hail Mary (every bead on the chaplet)
On the Mystery Medals: Hail Savior of the World! Come Lord Jesus!
1. The Annunciation The Archangel Gabriel greets Mary and obtains her fiat (total consent) to be the mother of God-made-man. "Behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a Son and His name shall be called Emmanuel" IS 7:14
2. The Visitation Mary Greets Elizabeth. From His virgin mother's womb Christ sanctifies John, also still in his mother's womb. "There was a man sent from God whose name was John. This man came to be a witness, to give testimony to the Light, that all men might believe through him." John 1:6-7 "The voice of one crying in the desert: Prepare ye the way of the Lord" IS 36:3 "For I say to you: Amongst those that are born of woman, there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist." Luke 7:28
3. The Nativity Anna Catherine Emmerich writes that at His birth, Christ passed through the most pure Virgin Mary as light passes through a window. "And she shall bring forth a Son: and you shall call His name Jesus. For He shall save His people from their sins." Matt 1:21
4. The Presentation "They carried Him to Jerusalem to present Him to the Lord: As it is written in the Law of the Lord: Every male opening the womb shall be called holy to the Lord." Luke 2:22-23
5. Adoration of the Magi Their gifts honored Christ as God, King of the World and sacrifice for our salvation. "And entering the house, they found the Child with Mary His mother and falling down they adored Him; and opening their treasures they offered Him gifts; gold, frankincense and myrrh." Matt 2:11
6. The Flight into Egypt "After the Wise Men were departed, behold an angel of the Lord appeared in sleep to Joseph saying: Arise and take the Child and His mother and fly to Egypt: and be there until I tell thee. For it will come to pass that Herod will seek the Child to destroy him. He rose and took the Child and His mother by night and retired into Egypt: and he was there until the death of Herod: That it might be fulfilled which the Lord spoke by the prophet, saying: Out of Egypt have I called My Son." Matt 2:13-15
7. The Hidden Childhood in Nazareth "And coming (back) he dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was said by the prophets: That he shall be called a Nazarene." Matt 2:23
8. The Finding of Jesus in the Temple "And it came to pass that after three days they found Him in the Temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, hearing them and asking them questions. And all that heard Him were astonished at His wisdom and His answers." Luke 2:46-47 "And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him; The spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the spirit of counsel and of fortitude, the spirit of godliness. And He shall be filled with the spirit of the fear of the Lord." IS 11:2-3
The Angel of the Lord declared to Mary:
And she conceived of the Holy Ghost.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word.
Hail Mary . . .
And the Word was made Flesh: And dwelt among us.
Hail Mary . . .
Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us pray:
Pour forth, we beseech Thee, O Lord, Thy grace into our hearts; that we, to whom the incarnation of Christ, Thy Son, was made known by the message of an angel, may by His Passion and Cross be brought to the glory of His Resurrection, through the same Christ Our Lord.